Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Stampin Up - Up & Away Birthday Card

My grandmother's 85th birthday is this month and I was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest.

This hot air balloon set by Stampin Up makes such wonderful balloon images!



Here are the steps and products I used to create this card:
  • Cut four of the large hot air balloons from Stampin Up Up & Away Thinlits out of white cardstock with Stick-It and one out of Silver Glitter cardstock by Simon Says Stamp also with Stick-It and stuck all the pieces together to give the hot air balloon some dimension
  • Created a bunch of alcohol ink backgrounds using Tim Holtz Ranger Alcohol Inks in Crimson, Sunset Orange, Sunshine Yellow, Clover, Sailboat Blue and Purple trying for a perfect rainbow
  • Once I settled on my favorite background, I cut it up using the large hot air balloon detail piece dies.  Then, stuck these pieces to the back of my hot air balloon with the Stick-It that was on the white cardstock.  In hindsight, I wish that I had put the colored pieced right behind the glitter balloon piece instead of behind all of the dimensional pieces.  I think the colors would have shown up better.
  • Cut a sheet of Spring Rain cardstock by Papertrey Ink using the Lawn Fawn Stitched Cloud Backdrop
  • Stamped the sentiment from Stampin Up Humming Along with Versafine Black which I cut out with a Hero Arts Nesting Oval Infinity die
HAPPY 85TH BIRTHDAY TO MY GRANDMA!

No comments:

Post a Comment