Monday, May 6, 2019

Mother's Day Flowers with Pretty Pink Posh

Aloha Friends and thanks for visiting!

For this card, I wanted to try to recreate Rena K's Pop Up Flower Card that she demonstrated in this video. It turned out really well, and I was quite happy!

Here is the front of the card:

And the inside:

Here are the steps I used to create the card:

  • Took some 4" x 4" printer paper and covered each with Distress Oxides in abandoned coral, wilted violet, shaded lilac, worn lipstick, fossilized amber and tattered rose using a Life Changing Blending Brush
  • Using the steps that Rena K shows in the video, I adhered the bouquet to the inside of a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" card base of MFT Cement Gray cardstock
  • Cut a heart with Hero Arts Nesting Hearts Infinity die and stamp a sentiment from Whimsy Stamps "Mother Love" in Versafine ink
  • Stamp the hummingbirds by Pretty Pink Posh "Hummingbird Thanks" on Catherine Pooler Smooth White cardstock with Gina K Jet Black Amalgam Ink and colored with Copics.  Here are the colors I used:
    • Wings - BV000, BV02, BV04
    • Body - BG11, BG15, BG07
    • Head - B000, B02, B05
  •  Added details to the hummingbirds using a white gel pen and Nuvo drops for eyes then fussy cut them
  • Then I cleaned up the edges using an EK Tool black pen and adhered them to the card using Lawn Fawn glue
I know my mom will love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment